Re: Adding a feature to gnome-dictionary

> Firstly, thank you guys for the job you all are doing. I just come
> aboard with gnome-utils because I am working on one feature I would
> like to see in gnome-dictionary, I have called it "Watch clipboard".

Interesting feature.  If I understand the design correctly, it can be
achieved by creating an idle or a timeout function which in turn calls
gtk_clipboard_request_text(), am I right?

Yes, I call gtk_clipboard_request_text() on a PRIMARY clipboard every second (by default,changeable?), and if the
content has changed I call the proper *lookup* function and bring the window to the front (changeable?).

> [1] Where do you think is a good place (interface/code) to put this
> feature?

Please, open a bug for the gdict component of the gnome-utils product
inside Gnome Bugzilla.

Done. I will track this on the Bug 332000.

> [2] Are there any plans to add to gnome-dictionary the feature of
> becoming an icon when minimized? If not but you think is a good
> feature I can do it.

There are no plans, and I frankly do not believe it would be a good
feature; let's not pollute the notification area with icons which aren't
used for status: this is not windows.  The notification area is meant
for stuff like hardware events or alarms.

You are right.

Thanks,

Eduardo Narros