Adding a feature to gnome-dictionary

Hello,

Firstly, thank you guys for the job you all are doing. I just come aboard with gnome-utils because I am working on one feature I would like to see in gnome-dictionary, I have called it "Watch clipboard".

It is rather trivial, I have just setup a timer so every time I select a word in any desktop application the dictionary automatically look it up and come to the front of the screen with the result. Very useful when you are reading or translating because you dont need to type every word you want to look for.
Unfortunately I took as source to hack the gnome-utils-2.12.2 src package coming with sid and I added this code to gdict-app.c/h and the feature to the menu "Dictionary->Watch Clipboard". Probably at this point you get me what I mean with "unfortunately".... when I was going to get the patches for the cvs version I realized that the interface has been changed and the code rewritten, my questions now are:

[1] Where do you think is a good place (interface/code) to put this feature?

[2] Are there any plans to add to gnome-dictionary the feature of becoming an icon when minimized? If not but you think is a good feature I can do it.

Thank you,

Eduardo Narros