GNOME is nearly constantly broken on Arch

GNOME is nearly constantly broken on Arch.  Arch people say they're just doing a vanilla packaging of when you guys release "upstream".

I guess the issue is you're putting out a bunch of unstable and buggy releases, with the intent of having some specific version that gets more or less frozen before being packaged in Fedora and probably now Ubuntu?  So distros that aren't rolling get an OK version, while people with rolling distros get bombarded with broken releases.  I don't know if this is what's happening, all I know is that I'm running the current non-git, non-beta, non-testing releases in the official Arch repo and it's nothing that should've been released in that channel.

I'm going to recommend you change your definition of "stable" so you only release things that are actually stable, and make a new disgnation for whatever you call the stuff you've been releasing.  There have been versions of GNOME that, on my system, worked well.  Then you release a version that is broken.  I'd say it's working 20% of the time over the past 18 months.

Arch isn't an obscure distro.  While "Arch types" might not sterotypically want to use GNOME, GNOME should still reach out to its packagers and maintainers at Arch to make sure it's releasing software that does justice to the hard work people have put into it.