Question

Dear Friends
I am using RHEL 6.4.
I have been unable to do something that should be very simple. I managed to auto-login a non-root user, into the Gnome environment, by adding some information to /etc/gdm/custom.conf. But I need also to auto-launch a graphic app, in this case Chrome, and that proves elusive . I believe that this is a similar case to loading any graphic app into Gnome. Yes, I know about the Gnome Preferences->StartUP Applications, but in this case, Chrome does not load at all. It actually does load, but it is invisible. Does anybody have any idea how to accomplish this simple task? I cannot believe that it would be impossible. I also tried adding a line to rc.local, but it fails to load.
Philip Orleans