Re: telling X to use gnome

I specifically ran
'yum groupinstall "GNOME Desktop Enviroment"'

On 3 June 2010 15:13, <A J Delaney brighton ac uk> wrote:
Jacob,
On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 14:39 +0100, Jacob Mansfield wrote:
> I have just installed the X server into my new elastix (Centos(Red
> Hat/Fedora)) instalation, however when runing startx or gdm x still
> starts with the standard (x windows?) instead of gnome. I have checked
> in the choose session list but gnome is not there. how do I tell X to
> use gnome by default?
GDM should start your gnome session for you.  Are you sure that gnome is
installed?  The gnome-session binary should be around.

To tell X to start gnome you'd have to put "gnome-session &" in
$(HOME)/.xinitrc  However, it's been a long time since I've not used
GDM :)

--
Aidan