Re: Manning GNOME booth @ LinuxLive, London Olympia, Oct 23..25

On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 11:37 +0100, Aidan Delaney wrote:
> Dear all,

Hi!

I've had rather patchy mail access recently, so apologies for the late
reply!

[...]
> 	The last year (which was 18 months ago) we had our Love/Hate wall which
> was a good gimmik.  What I'd like to do this year is have three demos;
> GNOME for corporate desktop, GNOME for developers (and cross-platform
> development) and GNOME mobile.  This is based on my experience of what
> the crowd at the Olympia have previously wanted to see.

Sounds like a good idea, I think that captures the prospective audiences
well. It's definitely been a more corporate focused event in the past,
and it would be good to promote GNOME use in these areas.

[...]
> 	Does anyone know how we could restrict access to devices such as an
> N810 or hopefully a FIC Freerunner, so that we could demo GNOME mobile
> in a more mobile manner?

I could possibly bring a Freerunner, but again, we'd need some way of
chaining them down as it would be all too easy for someone to walk off
with them.

Regards,

Thomas