Re: LinuxWorld Exhibitor Passes

A J Delaney brighton ac uk wrote:
> Thos,
>   Apologies for my late reply.  Our Exchange server seems to be doing something
> dodgy with mailing-list traffic.  But what can you expect!
>> Aidan Delaney
>> If you expected to be on the above list, please contact me as soon as
>> possible. I will give my mobile number to people with passes so they can
>> contact me and retrieve their pass on the day.
> I will be there on Wednesday.  Will we have the demo-box that we had last year?
> I'll be bringing along an oldish laptop running Ubuntu 6.10 and a Nokia 770.  If
> we need more, such as an LCD monitor, please let me know in advance.  I have to
> carry stuff on the train.
>
> I can also print out some flyers if we've decided what we want to print.

The event box arrived yesterday, which seems to have a lot of old flyers
in it, so I don't think we need to print more. I'm getting the Guadec
flyers printed and can hopefully re-claim the expense of the Guadec budget.

There is a spare screen in the event box, so if anyone has a laptop or
small PC they want to bring along with keyboard and mouse, it would be
good to use it.

I've had a few ideas about some interesting things we can try at the
stand. Most importantly I think it would be great if when we meet people
who have used GNOME before, we ask them if they would like to get
involved, and of course, tell them about Guadec.

There are also some yellow A3 posters in the box, which I plan to make
into a "Mini GNOME Love Wall", where people can write some of the things
they like and dislike about Gnome. I will buy plenty of post-its today,
so please encourage everyone to write something!

-Thomas