Re: GUADEC Travel to BCN

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 09:50 +0100, Thomas Wood wrote:

> I am currently wondering how to get to Barcelona for GUADEC this year.
> If anyone else is looking into flights from the UK, I think there are
> 'planes from Luton with easyjet that are relatively cheap. Someone
> mentioned Ryanair, but I have no experiance with them. Any advice would
> be welcome!

Well, I always use Ryanair when popping home from Ireland to Scotland...
they're usually the cheapest, but you get what you pay for, so no drinks
or food on board unless you fork out for it, and don't expect them to
put you up in a hotel if by some chance you get stranded overnight (not
that I've ever been delayed more than an hour or so with them).  They
have a lot of shiny new 737s, if you like that sort of thing.

You also have to pay for every piece of hold baggage with Ryanair now
(may also be the case with easyjet); it's cheaper if you do it when you
book-- 5 euro per item IIRC.  Also watch out for their sneaky attempts
to automatically add travel insurance if you're booking online.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group