Re: Proposed constitution for society (needed for bank account)

On Sat, 2006-07-29 at 11:38 +0100, Ashley Hooper wrote:
> I don't understand what you mean by 'No internet banking on free software' ?  I
> have been with the Co-op since 2001/2 and have used Internet banking for most
> of that time.  I've never had a problem at all.  I've used Firefox & Epiphany
> for the majority of the time I've been with them.

The Co-op society bank account is basically a business bank account.
Their business banking system is separate from the personal banking, and
the internet banking software is different. It uses something called
"Acumen", which is definitely not available for use on free software
browsers.

They claim that their new system will support Firefox etc., but they've
been saying that for months.

Cheers,

Alex.