Re: Linuxworld Expo Feedback

> Hi Guys,
> First off, Aidan... you're name's familiar.  Were you on some Irish lists?
> I filled out the survey on LxW expo, you probably got the same one by
> email.
>
> My comments there were that it would be nice if it wasn't so cramped so
> more
> people could be 'demo'd all at once.  Same would apply to the Gnome stand
> but
> those are the conditions.  I'm already a convert, and think the best way
> get new ones is to be able to show off to as many as possible.
> The Gnome LiveCD [ / Gnoppix / Ubuntu ] is hugely impressive, so I
> genuinely
> hope the installer re-appears on it for Dapper Drake.  This caused me many
> lost
> hours organising Software Freedom Day in Ireland (longford) this year.
> Anyone
> got a handy update on this?

The GNOME LiveCD is based on the Ubuntu live cd, but I suspect the install
option has been removed deliberately since the GNOME LiveCD is only
intended to be for testing GNOME and not for use as a full operating
system. You might want to try Gnoppix or the original Ubuntu LiveCD if you
want to use an install option.

-Thomas