Gnome terminal can't display Big5 encoding

I have Debian 11 installed on my laptop; then later on switching from bookworm to testing (by modifying
source.list in /etc/apt dir). Originally everything works without a problem. I can launch gnome-terminal
using command

    gnome-terminal --profile remote-big5-server

In launched gnome-terminal typing

    ssh <user>@<domain.com>

After connecting to the remote server, big5 is displayed correctly, and I can search with IME for big5
characters.

I suppose it's because upgrading to testing - I did upgrade like

    apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

After upgrading (I can't really sure if this is the root cause), now when I try

    gnome-terminal --profile remote-big-server

and connecting with

    ssh <user>@<domain.com>

The response from the remote server now becomes rubbish characters. However I do not observe any errors such
as gtk errors or something (there is no single error printing on the console, that's why I am scratching my
head).

Gnome version is 3.40.3 for GNOME 40

Any place to debug or how to fix this error? Though I can still can use luit -encoding big5 ssh
<user>@<domain.com> But it's a bit annoying that I can't use gnome terminal directly.

Please let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks