Subject: Outreach Program for Women internships
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:43:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: Marina Zhurakhinskaya <marinaz redhat com>
To: gnome-women-list <gnome-women-list mail gnome org>
CC: women-outreach <women-outreach gnome org>

Hi all!

The eight GNOME Outreach Program for Women interns have just completed their internships! Congratulations to everyone on the job well done! We definitely hope this was a great experience for you and you will stay involved in GNOME!

We have opened the application process for the new round of internships. The dates for these internships are May 23 to August 22, 2011. These dates match the ones for the Google Summer of Code program, so I would like to encourage women who qualify for Google Summer of Code to apply for both programs. Google Summer of Code requires applicants to be students applying for coding projects, while Outreach Program for Women internships are open to non-students and non-coders. For example, three out of eight interns last round were non-students, and two others worked on the Documentation Project.

The application deadline is April 8, 2011. As part of the application process, we are asking women to take the time to learn about the participating projects and make a small contribution to the one they are interested in. These projects include ones in programming, graphic design, documentation, and marketing.

All the program details are here:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomen/OutreachProgram2011

We also have an awesome flyer for the program that was designed and updated by Máirín Duffy:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomen/OutreachProgram2011?action="">

Please consider applying for the internship, signing up as a mentor, or helping us spread the word! Send the information about the program to the universities and organizations, post the flyer on the university campuses or hand it out at conferences, encourage anyone who'd be a good candidate to apply, or write an update on Identi.ca, Twitter or Facebook!

All the materials for helping us spread the word are here:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomen/OutreachProgram2011/SpreadTheWord

Thank you!
Marina