Please add more options for images

As a themer and one who loves to use a lot of images I find the gtk3 is
lacking a lot.
So here is my request or wish list.
(I know there adding border-image which is great)
allow repeat and no-repeat like normal css for images.
I know border-image does but it would be nice to have this option for
background-image as well (Unless I missed it somewhere)
I'll give an example why this would be good to have.
Lets say you had an image you wanted tiled then place a stretched image
over top of it that was transparent. As of now you cannot do this.
In gtk2 you could with stretch (true or false) and overlay.
Adding repeat and no-repeat and having background-image and border-image
solves this problem. It would work the same as gtk2 then which I thought
was fantastic.
Another thing that is missing in gtk3 is the lack of images that can be
placed in it. Images should be allowed everywhere or pretty much
everywhere like in gtk2, they cut this out of gtk3 and only allow it in
some parts, (try adding an image in the grip).
This really messes up themes trying to match the gtk2, we have to now
make the gtk3 first with the lack of images were allowed now and match
the gtk2 to the gtk3 boring state instead.
Please allow images in all the areas again.
This one would be nice but not totally needed.
Css has opacity to allow alpha states for images, I know we can make
transparencies in our artwork and save them as pngs or svgs to have this
option but we do not have this option for icons that get placed
automatically in the dashpanel and in applications and search results.
I am making a theme right now where everything is in transparencies so
the wallpaper comes through, then there's those icons standing out at
100% like a sore thumb and no choice to alpha them out to match the rest
of the theme.
Don't get me wrong I love the new format, I perfer css any day over the
old gtk2 format but it would be nice to have these added options, this
would make a lot better looking themes and would be pretty much perfect
for adding images then.
In short here's my wish list.
css options
repeat no-repeat
opacity
allow images in all areas in gtk3

short list but it makes all the difference when themeing.
Sam