Outreach Program for Women internship in graphic design

Hi!

Could someone in the GNOME art community please help Consuelo with her application for the Outreach Program for Women internship in graphic design? We would really appreciate it if someone can step up to be a mentor for the program in graphic design, so that we can potentially accept an applicant interested in that area. To sign up as a mentor you just need to add yourself and the work you are willing to mentor to this list:

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomen/OutreachProgram2010#participating-projects

You can read about the program details on that page. The application deadline for this round of internships is October 25 and we are asking applicants to make a small contribution to the project they are interested in as a part of the application process. The first thing that the mentor would need to do is to point the applicants to such suitable tasks and help them with any questions they might have.

Consuelo, thank you for your interest in the program! We don't have a mentor for GNOME design for the program yet, but I'm sure we will find somebody and we would love to have people working on graphic design as part of the program.

In the meantime, you can just learn more about GNOME design, try to pick a small task you could work on for your application yourself, and ask for help on the #gnome-art and #gnome-design channels on irc.gnome.org or on the gnome-themes-list gnome org .

You can learn more about GNOME design and art by following the links from these pages and looking at different mockups:

http://live.gnome.org/Design - designs and mockups for how the desktop and applications should look and what user interaction flow they should provide

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt - images and themes for the GNOME desktop and for GNOME marketing

You can pick one of the open tasks on
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeArt/ArtRequests
for your contribution.

Feel free to let us know at women-outreach gnome org if you have any questions about the program and feel free to join the #gnome-women channel while you are on IRC as well.

Thanks,
Marina