Asking for viability about a very interesting mockup

Hi,
I'm new to this list and I'd like to ask for an opinion about the viability of such a theme (in fact it's still a mockup) in Gnome; I found it today, its author isn't sure about whether it can be realized with GTK - with or without compositing on - and is thinking about trying to write a theme for KDE4. I find it very stylish, modern and simple, and I think it would be a wonderful theme for Gnome.

What do you think? Can it be done with GTK? I don't understand too much about how a theme engine works, but it wouldn't look too unfeasible to me.

Thanks!

Sponsor:
Blu American Express: gratuita a vita! Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=8615&d=1-2