Re: Dropping the smooth engine from gtk-engines

On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 14:00 +0200, Andrea Cimitan wrote:
> I would remove glider for example, thinice, crux (sorry thos). But not smooth

About thinice. This engine is at least used for the Simple the theme,
which was the default up until GNOME 2.6 I think. I am a bit more
reluctant to remove it because of this.

Crux, seriously I think more people use it than smooth derived themes.
(I keep seeing Crux getting used, but I cannot remember seeing a smooth
theme or even Glider.)

About Glider. The code base is much better than smooth. So from a
maintainability standpoint it is better to keep Glider instead of
Smooth.

Andrea, I am not planning to change my mind because you have a gut
feeling that Smooth is used more than engine X. Plus, removing smooth
does *not* result in dropping any theme from the distribution.

Benjamin