What icons should be included in HighContrast?

Hey all!
What is the advised method for 3rd party developers to install High Contrast application icons? We currently have a lot of bugs against HighContrastSVG (that I tricked a ghop student to file, kind of :) sorry for that mess) Currently a lot of app icons and stuff are shipped with HighContrastSVG in apps-extra etc., but perhaps it would be wiser to take a similar approach to the one gnome-icon-theme is taking and only ship icons included in the icon-naming-spec.
Is there any place a application can install those in a safe manner though?
- Andreas