Re: Applying the GPL to Artwork

Hey,

I have a problem with the following:

Thomas Wood wrote:

Run Time Substitution
---------------------

If the icon is not required to allow the application to function (i.e.
can be substituted at run time and is not distributed with the
application) then the license does not apply. For example, this means
that users would not be violating the GPL if a proprietary application
uses a GPL icon theme.

However, if a non-GPL application references an icon name from
gnome-icon-theme, this should be considered as linking (as described
above).

The first and the second paragraphs are not mutually
exclusive. I have this LGPL-ed application which has code
like this:

create_named_icon (icon_theme, widget, size, pixel_size, GTK_STOCK_HOME,
"user-home", "gnome-fs-home", "folder_home", NULL);

It will work without gnome icon theme, yet it references
"gnome-fs-home" name. Am I violating GPL here?

Best regards,
Yevgen