Re: Recolorable themes

On 5 Jan 2006, at 5:06 pm, Matthias Clasen wrote:

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 16:39 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
On Thu, January 5, 2006 1:10 pm, Matthias Clasen said:
On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 11:50 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:

I think we need at least 4 symbolic colours - a foreground and background for both normal and 'entry' widgets. I think most colours could then be computed from these (for example, the prelight colour is usually just a
lighter version of the normal background colour).

That sounds like a reasonable starting point.  A related point of
interest is if the current set of color expressions is good enough
to do these computations in the rc file.

I think one more symbolic colour will be needed for 'selections' - such as hilighted menu items, and selected text and list items.

Would it be possible for themes to be able to suggest alternate named
schemes?

Thats probably something to be solved between the yet-to-be written
color capplet and the meta-theme file.

I presumed the information might be contained in the gtkrc if possible. The XSetting for the colour scheme could then be set to either 'default', one of the named schemes in the gtkrc, or a custom user scheme.

-Thomas