Re: Plan to fix icons [was: Re: breakage caused by removed icons from gnome-icon-theme]

On 2/6/06, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:

> Look at the conversation about making g-i-t a 'platform API' - now how major
> do you think this change is? :-)

If we are talking about making g-i-t part of the platform, it should
also be pointed out
that the latest releases of g-i-t have added "animations" in the form of
"stuff-all-frames-in-a-png". While I think that adding support for
animations in icon themes
might be valuable, I think

a) this needs to be discussed as an addition to the icon theme spec on
xdg-list freedesktop org, which I have not seen happening so far

b) I believe we should pick a file format that did not already look
antiquated when it was first employed in wanda the fish 5 years ago.
Even gif animations look modern and featureful compared to this.

Matthias