Re: Recolorable themes

On 12/8/06, Thomas Wood <thos gnome org> wrote:

I'd like to re-open this topic since I have now done some of the hard
work of getting the options implemented in gnome-theme-manager. The work
is in the 2.17.3 release GNOME at the moment, so it would be good to
have any feedback as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for doing this work.

>> Would it be possible for themes to be able to suggest alternate named
>> schemes?
>
> Thats probably something to be solved between the yet-to-be written
> color capplet and the meta-theme file.

I'm still trying to think about how to solve this one. Would adding an
xml file to the gtk+-2.0 directory have any adverse ramifications?

Not as far as GTK+ is concerned. How will these xml files relate to the
existing metatheme desktop files ? Would it be easier to just add the
colors to these files instead ?