Re: Industrial in gnome-themes

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 16:49 +0000, Thomas Wood wrote:
> Since we're discussing the content of gnome-themes...
>
> The Industrial gtk-engines was recently moved over to gtk-engines, which
> leaves the future of ximian-artwork uncertain. What is certain however
> is that the Industrial theme is now fragmented - the icon and metacity
> themes have no home. It has been suggested on IRC that these get moved
> into gnome-themes. Does anyone have any strong views on this?

I've discussed this with the artists.  I don't think we'll be bothering
with the icon theme.  Almost everything we care about has already been
merged into gnome-icon-theme.  We'll be looking at this in the 2.11 time
frame, but since I'm not sure exactly what to do, the plan is to do
nothing for 2.10 to not risk breaking things.

I'm in the process of adding a metacity theme and a metatheme.  I'll be
pointing the metatheme in gnome-themes at the gnome icon theme for now.
Is adding all this acceptable?  I should be committing this today.

Sounds good?

Thanks,
   Chris

PS Are you a maintainer of gnome-themes?  If so, you should add yourself
to MAINTAINERS.