Re: licenses for themes?

Hi List!

Thanks a lot.
I had an awfully busy week and no weekend, so forgive me for not
replying until now.

The creative commons license seems indeed very promising due to
flexibility. But it raises another question:

What happens if I include symbolic representations licensed otherwise?
Say I need an icon for a *.deb-Package, therefore I redraw the
debian-swirl.
I also saw the Windows(R) flag on an icon recently.
Or, how about including existing symbols (e.g. the UN-Flag)? Is there
a rule of thumb or would I have to check the licensing conditions
for each of them?
Thanks again

Simon