Re: [BUG] [RFC] g-i-t and new scalable icons

Jakub Steiner said:
> After playing around with properly hinted SVGs in Inkscape, I'm
> confident we can drop 48x48 and 32x32 bitmaps. It's going to take a
> while, but a well done SVG can perfectly replace these sizes of
> bitmaps.

I've not messed with hinting yet at all, but I've not jumped on the SVG
icon bandwaggon yet for sizes that small... Personally, I've been waiting
for 133 dpi displays to get cheap, running the icons at a minimum 64x64
pixels. Hopefully, I'm wrong. :)

> For anything smaller, I doubt a 24x24 or 16x16 bitmap scaled will give
> better results than an SVG. In fact, hackers should make sure they
> really only use 24x24 and 16x16.

Definitely agree.

-Richard Hoelscher
http://rahga.com/svg/