Recolorable themes

Hi,

Jonathan recently blogged about the new symbolic color stuff that will
appear in GTK+ 2.10. He gave a pretty good description of the features.

It would be great if some people would start experimenting a bit with
this, to see if what we have now is good enough for doing recolorable
themes and a color capplet.

The two main open questions on this are (for me, at least):

- What is a reasonable set of symbolic colors that we need ?
  I would imagine a color capplet would only allow to tweak this
  small, fixed set of symbolic colors (and maybe offer an advanced
  tab to tweak arbitrary extra colors).

- Do we need a way to set defaults for symbolic colors ?
  This may not be necessary for the "standard" colors mentioned in
  the first question, since themes could rely on their presence, but
  it would be a good idea for any random extra colors which
  themes might want to expose.

If you want to play with this, you'll need to build GTK+ HEAD.
If you want to experiment with the setting, you will need the
current cvs control-center, and manually add the key
/desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_color_scheme in gconf-editor. The
value must be a multiline string with lines of the form
name: color, e.g

background: Red
foreground: #33221f

(Since GtkEntry is not very good at multiline editing, the easiest way
to achieve this is to paste the right value into the cell...)

Matthias