Re: RSS icon

Il giorno dom, 04/12/2005 alle 09.37 +0000, Thomas Wood ha scritto:
> On 26 Nov 2005, at 7:06 pm, Luca Ferretti wrote:
>
> > Could we need a RSS icon in gnome-icon-theme?
> >
> > OK, it's just a GNOME style version of Firefox RSS icon, but it's
> > clean...
> >
> > PS a 16x16 version will come.
>

> This is a nice icon, but don't we already have a stock_channels icon
> that could be used for this purpose? Where do you see this icon being
> used?

Well, for example in Epiphany, when the RSS extension in on. By now a
globe with a chain is used (should be stock_hyperlink-toolbar) to notify
the page/site provides a feed. IMHO this icon should follow the common
appearance of feed link (read: orange) and because in 16x16 and 24x24
pixels there is no place to write "RSS", it should be interesting to use
the same Firefox emblem.

Of course I'm not sure if this kind of icon should be placed in
gnome-icon-theme (or in icon theming spec). I'll ask to
epiphany(-extension) developers to pack and install it. By now this icon
should be useful only in Epiphany's RSS extension. Another application
that could use this icon is a feed reader (the notification/tray icon).