Re: Regarding a new default theme

On 15 Sep 2004, at 10:06 pm, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:

So, I have written about it here and I was now asked to post here instead: http://lists.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-September/ msg00172.html

I am not asking for feedback on the mockup, because this is a first test, changes are in order.
What I need is a C developer to work with me on this. Any takers?

Writing a GTK engine is not an easy task for the reasons you have already pointed out (e.g. lack of documentation). I think it would be much more worthwhile if we put our effort into improving and adding features to the Smooth engine (which is already highly versatile), and making it the default and only theme engine required. Once that is achieved, user customisation (such as colour schemes) becomes a whole lot easier since we are only having to deal with one theme engine.

-Thomas