Re: New template for mimetypes at 48x48

Il lun, 2004-10-04 alle 21:56, Thomas Wood ha scritto:
> On 4 Oct 2004, at 2:39 pm, Luca Ferretti wrote:
>
> > Probably you know that currently the paper sheet pixmap, used as base
> > in
> > MIME icons, is not 48x48 pixel, but 48x52. This is a
> > long-waiting-but-not-yet-open bug: it's bad for icon alignment in
> > nautilus and it's bad 'cause HIG wants 48x48.
> >
> > I'm happy to announce that a 48x48 pixel paper sheet pixmap is quite
> > ready. OK, this is not a so big announce. But it's a starting point.
> >

> > -- What is ready
> >
> > Well, a 48x48 XCF image representing a paper sheet just like the one in
> > gnome-icon-theme. It's attached for comments.
> >

> Perhaps we could take this opportunity to improve the paper sheet
> representation.

BTW you can find another representation at
http://jimmac.musichall.cz/i.php3?ikony=14

> Firstly, I agree that the icon dimensions should be 48x48, but if it is
> supposed to represent a paper sheet, then why does the actual sheet
> have to be 48x48? I have never seen square paper used for documents!

:-) OK, I'll try using a A4/Letter ratio

> Secondly, the dots down the sides of the sheet in the icon are supposed
> to represent the guidance holes used for old dot-matrix printers. I
> think this is an old and outdated metaphor since dot-matrix printers
> have mostly been superceded. I think using two holes in the left hand
> side of the paper to represent punch holes would be a much more
> recognisable metaphor for most people.

Holes should be in a separate GIMP level in XCF file, so we can simply
add and remove theme.

Jimmac loves them <quote>Against the HIG I always thought adding detail
is good. Maybe it's not.</quote>. See this list on Jun 2003 object
"[PROPOSAL] gnome-fs-regular.