Re: gnome-backgrounds module created

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 14:48, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> Perhaps it would be better to standardize on what size images go in the
> module, rather than having multiple sizes for multiple resolutions. It's
> better to use images that scale nicely, and have only 1280x1024 or
> 1600x1200 images, rather than having a 120MB tarball of images of all
> different sizes, especially since they will scale optimally with 4:3
> displays.

Agreed

>  It might be worthwhile to have a 16:9 directory also, for all
> the l33t people with widescreen displays.

That's "nice to have" but I'd rate it as GNOMEVER2.7

> As per jimmac's comments, it would be nice to have the tiles be
> translucent png images also, so that we only govern the texture, and not
> the colors.

This makes sense to me - but only if you can specify a per-image default
for the colors to use. Also a lot of tiles (2 out of 3 of lapo's) cannot
be reproduced using translucencies and bg colors.

--
Mark Finlay
Computer Science Student

E-Mail:	sisob_AT_tuxfamily_DOT_org