Re: Epihpany icon improvement

Il mer, 2003-06-25 alle 14:38, Bill Haneman ha scritto:
> I _really_ think we should use the globe icon (or at least another globe
> icon) which we are already using for "web browser".

What about something like attached Safari like? :-)

>  Having
> application-specific icons as our defaults seems like a bad idea since
> it forces users to learn new icons, and forces icon designers to create
> new icons based on "differentness" rather than using an agreed-upon
> mnemonic (i.e. "world" means world-wide-web).

True, but I think we should start adding a gnome-web-browser.png icon in
g-i-t, then use it for GNOME default web browser.

>  If we want something for
> mozilla that's different from Epiphany, we already have that (i.e. the
> mozilla lizard) - that works for people who know/care about the
> difference between various "branded" web browsers.

IMHO galeon is the trouble: it's a GNOME web browser, it's an epiphany
'branch', it's looks like ephy more then mozilla. So, should we use the
same gnome-web-browser.png icon too?

Besides mozilla is a 'web suite': following HIG we should have

Internet+

        +-Mozilla+

                 +-Web Browser

                 +-Mail & News Client