  • From: Alex Combas <ghetto_samurai shaw ca>
  • To: Mark Finlay <sisob eircom net>
  • Subject: Re: Emblems Proposal
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:45:22 -0700
On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 12:49, Mark Finlay wrote:

> we'd love some comments.
> http://xsu.sf.net/proposal.html

O.k. here goes,

Web: I like the second icon much better, the first one doesn't look like
any globe i have ever seen before so I just don't recognize it
immediately. However I think the second one could use more work, the
colors just seem too strong.

No read:No write:Symlink : I agree with you on all three Mark.

Important: exclamation mark is a little bit too think at the top

Urgent: The red one looks more urgent to me. (:

Generic: I have no idea what that thing is, is it a cross? o: Perhaps an
asterisk would be a more fitting symbol. Is it meant to be an asterisk?

Certified: Make the shorter end of the tick a little bit shorter and
this will look perfect. Its just a tick, it doesn't need to be too
artist.

Sound: This icon looks kind of boring. Is there anything that could be
done to liven it up a little? But it's not that bad.

Video: Is this Intended to be a menu icon or an emblem? If its an emblem
then I would go with the second one.

Package: I like the old cardboard box icons much better, what does a
filing cabinet have to do with a package? (: ?? (:

Computer: Unless you're talking about an imac then neither of those look
like computers to me. Maybe if you threw a tower in the background
behind the monitor it might look better. Or else maybe just stick to the
typical workstation look of a box sitting beneath a monitor.

> Now back to the GUADEC...

Have fun Mark! (=

Thanks for asking for input. I hope this helps.

--
Alex Combas <ghetto_samurai shaw ca>