Re: status on improving the icon theme

Hi Folks:

I'd like to request that any proposed changes to our icon themes,
particularly those that add new icons or substantially change the
"metaphor" of an existing icon (for instance house=="home) PLEASE
include high-contrast versions of the modified icons for use in our high
contrast themes.

Low-contrast and 'large print' versions can be created programmatically
from the standard icon.  Likewise we use two versions of the
HighContrast icons which are just inversions of one another, i.e. black
and white reversed, so a single piece of source artwork could be used.

HighContrast icon conventions:

* one size, 48x48 (we currently resample down for smaller sizes)
* no thin lines, i.e. no features less than 3 pixels
* contrasting border (3 pixels?) so that the
icon is clearly visible against both light and dark (including
black/white) backgrounds.

thanks very much,

Bill