Re: usb disk icon

On Pre , 2003-12-19 at 16:21, Nikola Pizurica wrote:
> Those USB keychain flash disks are now very, very popular, so it would
> be nice to have icon for it in Gnome icon theme.
> Maybe it cold be like disk icon but with USB symbol on it or something
> like that.
> I've needed it so I made one by combining disk icon and USB plug cable
> from digital camera icon:
> http://pizurica.on.neobee.net/usb-disk.png
>
> Any chance of making something better then this what I've made :-)

One issue is that an external USB hard disk is different from a Compact
Flash reader, is different from a Memory Stick reader, is different from
a USB Keyfob, and so on and so forth. Your icon is OK, but the Hard Disk
icon in the latest version of gnome-icon-theme doesn't look like that at
all. :) Having the latest icon and  the USB cable, would probably be ok
for an external USB Hard Disk.

-- dobey