Common set of widget attributes

  Hi!

  Reading all of those discussion about 'pluggable layout libraries'
(which I think is definitely the right way to go), I thought of a
point that should also receive some attention. I'll just throw out
some ideas for general scrutiny. =)
  Although all drawing routines should be external to GTK, including
their specific graphic attributes, at least a common set of widget
attributes should be defined.
  This is the set of attributes that are available to the programmers.
For consistency, this common set should be honored by each layout
style. However, users should be able to override them, as much as
everything else regarding layout.
  GTK programmers should be restricted to use only those attributes,
so that there will be not incompatibilities between 'layout plugins'
and applications.
  Those attributes could be something like a subset of the actual GTK
widget attributes.

  Ciao,
    Marcelo

--