Re: Theme suggestion: use shared libraries

> I agree - but ndon't keep any drawing code in gtk - put it ALL in an
> extrnal lib.

My sentiments exactly - there's no reason anyone should be saddled
with anything more than precisely the drawing code they need.

> But GTK needs a pretty heavy overhaul to accomodate this - EVERY
> widget needs modification.

I'd very much like to offer to help, since I have some ideas for how
to make use of this interface, but I'm not sure how much time I'll
have for it in the foreseeable future. Given the other stuff you
posted, though, I think you have a pretty good grasp of what's needed
to take some first steps on this, though.

Overall, I'm glad you see the need for loadable drawing modules, and I
think between that and the pixmap module, everyone will have the
desktop of his or her dreams. Thanks for reconsidering.

 - Maciej Stachowiak