[gnome-summary] Request for help and idea for future summaries

Hi gang,

Something that comes up again and again in conversations I have been
having (and others too) is that we need to see more external positive
stuff about GNOME. Sometimes it seems like we only service a bunch of
complainers and nobody ever thinks we do a good job.

So, what would be nice is if you could put a request into an upcoming
GNOME summary or two requesting people who have used GNOME and enjoy
using it to write in with why they like it. Anything good will do. A
paragraph, two paragraphs, a detailed review, whatever.

Ideally, these nice comments would be written by people who are not core
GNOME community members. We are trying to solicit opinions from our
wider user base -- the people who don't sit on thirteen mailing lists or
hang out on IRC.

The idea would be to collect a number of these and then publish them in
future summaries at a rate of maybe one per week.

Here is the sort of blurb I had in mind (but feel free to write
something much better)...

        Do you use GNOME in your daily activities? At work? At home?
        Have you had the experience of having somebody else look at your
        nice GNOME desktop and ask about it? If so, and you would like
        to share your experiences, please write to us.

        We are trying to collect stories and testimonials from everyday
        GNOME users that will help to encourage our developers,
        documenters, testers and artists. These can also be useful in
        encouraging wider adoption of GNOME -- people will use what
        others are using.

        Contributions can be attributed to the author or anonymous. If
        you don't mind them being used for other publicity purposes,
        please let us know that too. We will publish all reasonable
        submissions over time in the weekly GNOME summaries.

        Please send your GNOME success stories to
        gnome-summary gnome org

Cheers,
Malcolm