[gnome-summary] Web Developers volunteers
- From: Sri Ramkrishna <sri aracnet com>
- To: meuserj purdue edu, <zehrer zepan org>, <mmanuel akxnet org>, <emmanuel akxnet org>, <dougmc83 mail utexas edu>, <wwsw3 earthlink net>, <patryk digital-evolutions com>, <gerald-butler adelphia net>, <luke genyes org>, <hb inetserver pro-it dk>, <linux stefanrotsch de>
- Cc: gnome-summary gnome org
- Subject: [gnome-summary] Web Developers volunteers
- Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 17:16:51 -0800 (PST)
Hi guys! Thanks so much for volunteering! I had no idea we'd get so many
people. This is great! :)
So, what we want to do is a couple of things:
* We want to make gnome-summary web data translatable. That means, people
should be able to read gnome-summary in German, Spanish, Latin, whatever.
Currently, the way it's set up is not very friendly to that.
* We'd like to have an easy way for people to make submissions of
articles. This is kind of tricky, as we don't want to end up being
www.gnomedesktop.org (footnotes). We want our site to be unique with
unique content that people will find interesting to read.
* We might want to create a summary of hacking in the future, so creating
the infrastructure for that might be interesting.
* the last one is an overhaul of the software map. However, we will need
the gnome webmasters to OK that. What I want for the software map is to
be able to create entries where we can create entries that can also be
translatable. That way, when we create stories on particular software
projects the description for those projects will already be there, and
translated in whatever languages that are available. This saves us
Danilo, Jim, Sebastien, anything else you want to add about our current
direction on Gnome Summary? Also if you can use these guys for the GNOME
webspace that might be interesting too.
] [Thread Prev