Re: Improvements to app promotion (Editor's Picks and Featured)

On 25 July 2017 at 04:48, Robert Ancell <robert ancell gmail com> wrote:
1. We wanted to show snaps before .deb packages for promotion

Can we use the "priority" for this?

2. We're trying using the first "featured" snap as the snap shown in the
Featured section (the remaining snaps go to Editor's Picks). This doesn't
suppress the hard-coded featured app (builder) since that requires 5
featured apps to suppress. I think the hardcoded plugin should only work if
there are no promoted apps [3] since only one app is ever shown as featured?

I think the idea is that the frontend can choose from a list, so that
it could change every day. I think the current code just does
array[0], so ideas welcome.

3. The Editor's Picks are currently randomized (changing daily). The snap
featured apps are intended to be in an ordered list.

What's the logic here for ordering them in the backend?

4. It would be desirable to be able to browse all the editor's picks even if
only 5 can be shown. Some of the code suggests this would be desirable - any
designs for how to scroll / expand the list?

That's an Allan/Jimmac question I guess.

Richard.