Re: Meaning of 'match-value'

On Tue, 1 Aug 2017 at 16:44 Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
On 1 August 2017 at 15:25, Robert Ancell <robert ancell gmail com> wrote:
> GsApp has a 'match-value' which is used to sort search results. I can't seem
> to find anywhere this is defined; any ideas? Asking to work out how I would
> set this for snap find results.

https://github.com/hughsie/appstream-glib/blob/master/libappstream-glib/as-app.h#L439
-- IIRC, if it's an exact match it get's bitshifted up 8 places, and
if it's a fuzzy match it doesn't.

Oh, it's actually the value of the bitfield? I was trying to work out what use the bitfield had... That makes sense now as I remember you saying if snapd said what fields it matched on it would help us sort better.

--Robert