Travel assistance for GUADEC 2019

The GNOME Foundation can offer travel sponsorship to individuals who
want to attend GUADEC and need financial assistance.

We are happy to announce that the Travel Committee is ready to receive
applications for sponsorships to attend to GUADEC 2019.

Application deadline: July 05, 2019. Send in your applications now, do
not wait until the deadline.

I would also like to take this opportunity to encourage, and
especially soon-to-be-sponsored attendees, to volunteer during GUADEC
(you can sign up when registering).

The instructions for sponsorship applications are at
https://wiki.gnome.org/Travel

If you need a visa invitation letter, please also read:
https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2019/Visa%20invitations

Some additional comments:
* The Travel Policy has changed! Please review the new policy at  https://wiki.gnome.org/Travel and follow the new procedure when submitting your application! Failure to do so will delay your application!
* Any information you send to the Travel Committee will be private.
* Asking for sponsorship *does not* guarantee that you will be sponsored.
* A good application with good information will be processed faster.
* No personal emails. Keep travel-committee CC'ed on all of your
replies. Neglecting to do this will delay your application.
* How to get to Thessaloniki : https://2019.guadec.org/pages/guadec-main-accommodation.html
* Preference will be given to Foundation members.
* Preference will be given to people presenting talks or workshops at GUADEC.
* Preference will be given to GSoC or Outreachy interns and mentors.
* The Travel committee should confirm that we have received your
application within 2-3 days. After that, we will process them
together. Regardless of whether your application is accepted or
rejected, you will always receive a response. If you have not received
a response by the 12th of July, please do follow up.

You can find us in the #travel channel at irc.gnome.org.