[Introduction mail] Alexandru Fazakas

Hello, everyone!

My name is Alexandru FazakaČ™ and my wiki username is AlexFazakas [1]. I too am a student
of the "Politehnica" University of Bucharest, yet, unlike Ruxandra (whose mail you might've just
read earlier), I'm in my second year of studies, currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in
Computer science. This is my very first GSoC and I'm very excited to be working on Nautilus, under the mentorship of Carlos Soriano. My project [2] revolves around the implementation of
(something I have only recently realized the impact of) tests, profiling, coverity and debug
options for our beloved file manager.

I came in contact with GNOME fairly recently, in my first year of university when someone
introduced me to Ubuntu (as we needed a Linux distribution to work on). Eventually, I got
introduced to FOSS development through a series of presentations and a small hackathon
taking place at my university focusing around GSoC (all of which I eagerly attended). I
decided to give it a go and what stuck to me was the community built around it, rather than
the product itself. Up until now, interacting with the community and learning so much through
their unwavering help has been the best teaching experience I could ask for. This summer, I
decided I'd take it one step further and be part of the GSoC adventure.

I invite you all to check out my blog [3] where I aim to post updates about my work on Nautilus
(albeit the blog itself is fairly empty right now :( ) while I shall check out yours and get to know
all of you better! :)

Finally, I genuinely hope to meet you all at GUADEC this summer!

Best wishes,
Alex

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/AlexFazakas
[2] https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreach/SummerOfCode/2018/Projects/AlexFazakas_NautilusTestDebugProfiling