Interested in 'log search improvement' project for GSoC-2016

Hello,

I'm currently a sophomore at Indian Institute of Technology-Delhi, majoring in Computer Science. I've been interested in the project on 'log search improvement' and would love to participate in this project for GSoC 2016!
I'd also like to use this opportunity to learn more about the Gnome foundation and become more engaged with the Gnome community.
Could you tell me how I could find out more or get involved in this project?

Thank you!
Harshil