Possibility of android app as a gnome project?

Hi everybody,

    I am Tejas Nikumbh, an Undergraduate student at IIT Bombay, interested in developing and working on open source software in general. I aspire to participate in google summer of code for 2014.

   I'm experienced in C++, Java and _javascript_ and have been developing android applications lately. I wanted to know if the idea of a new android application(utility based) is something that can be incorporated into gnome as a GSoC project?

   Looking forward to inputs. Thanks.
--
Tejas Nikumbh,
Fourth Year Undergraduate,