EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: GUADEC!

All work and no play makes you boring. So it's time for some play,
GUADEC!

In case you don't know it (where have you been?), GUADEC is *THE* GNOME
conference: http://guadec.org/

And it's extremely good fun to hang out with all the GNOME rockstars.
Last year, some of the GSoC students were able to attend GUADEC and it
was really fun and useful. Meeting your mentor, some people interested
in your project and other community members has a positive impact on
your work. Showing what you already achieved is also fantastic to get
some good feedback.

So it's probably a good thing for the students of this year's GSoC to
attend GUADEC, if possible. We talked with GUADEC organizers, and they
support the idea. While there's no guarantee, it's possible that you
can get a sponsorship to attend GUADEC, if you need it. Our budget is
limited, but we'll do our best. Please see the earlier sent mail by
Germán for details. Of course, attending GUADEC is not mandatory. ;)

We've also been allocated a slot for student lightning talks. These are
short presentations (5, 10 or 15 minutes, to be decided) where each
student gets the opportunity to present his/her work. It's also a good
way to get a lot of interest (and become, like we promised, our next
rockstar ;)). All of this still has to be organized though, more on
that later.

So, we'd like to know if you'd like to attend the conference. Please
show us some love and reply to this mail asap so we can know about your
plans wrt GUADEC. Also, please do not forget to apply for sponsorship if
you need it before May 16, 2012, 23:59 UTC.

Cheers,
   Your friendly GSoC admins.

--
this mail was sent using 100% recycled electrons
daniel g. siegel <dgsiegel gnome org>