Re: [Shotwell] GSoC idea: Shotwell parametric RAW development
- From: Camilo Polymeris <cpolymeris gmail com>
- To: pt <pt traversin org>
- Cc: shotwell lists yorba org, gnome-soc-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Shotwell] GSoC idea: Shotwell parametric RAW development
- Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 06:41:41 -0400
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 6:18 AM, pt <pt traversin org> wrote:
> On 26 March 2012 23:37, Camilo Polymeris <cpolymeris gmail com> wrote:
>> a) Do you think this can & should be implemented as a plugin?
> Yes, plugin 100%.
> I feel like adding new specialised functions to the Shotwell core it
> is not a great idea, especially since there are *basic*
> functionalities that are still not there
I wouldn't be adding any new specialized functions (except for lens
correction), just moving them to a different pipeline when handling
I also feel this are basic operations -- but, of course, that depends
on how you use shotwell.
The GUI would likely remain very similar, only the underlying
processing would change.
Looking at the code, I think it would be very hard to do all of it as
a plugin. I might be wrong, of course.
] [Thread Prev