Final Google Summer of Code Survey

Dear „Google Summer of Code“ students at GNOME,

First of all, thank you for your participation in my last survey. I know you all had work to do, therefore, I really appreciate your help. Considering the relatively small sample of mentored students at GNOME 2012, every single answer you have provided was very valuable to me for examining the lasting effects of mentoring initiatives.

Today, I would like to ask you one more time for your help. Nearly three months have passed since you have started Google Summer of Code and the event is coming to its end. During your mentorship you have probably made considerable new experiences at GNOME and learned new aspects in how to design and develop open source software. To account, for these experiences and how they might have changed your contribution motivation or continuance intentions, I would like to invite you to my final GSoC survey.

Based on the concerns and suggestions of some GSoC students I made this survey like the previous one non-public. To participate in it, please follow the link in the invitation email which should be in your inbox or your spam folder. If you have not received an invitation email yet, please contact me directly, not via the mailing list, so I can provide you with the private key to the survey.

Based on your feedback to my last survey I did my best to eliminate all unnecessary questions which could have sound similar to you and replaced them with alternative questions. I hope you will like this modified survey. If not please do not hesitate contacting me, I really appreciate every feedback.

Finally, please let me thank you one more time for your help. Only because of you and your participation, I am able to evaluate the long-term effects of mentoring initiatives at GNOME. I hope you are eager like I am to see how the lasting effects of mentoring initiatives at GNOME look like and what measures could be used to improve future GSoC mentorships. I assure you that I will publish the aggregated results on as soon as I finish my study. I wish you all the best for your career and your future.

Thank you sincerely and see you

Andreas