Re: [GSoC] Message Tray for 3.2 - Weekly Reports

Week 2, 3 & 4
---------------------

I apologize for not sending the reports on time (I too was eaten off by exams :d). Nonetheless, I managed to fiddle around some things.

I have sent the patch for adding album art to rhythmbox notifications although they have to be staged properly [0]. The main issue was with the "image_path" or "image-path" hints. Rhythmbox sets image_path for image and not the image-data or image-path hints (Thanks to drago01 who helped me find this). Applications need to get updated with the notification specification 1.2 [1].

I strove to reproduce the bug [2] - Ubuntu uses the old status icons instead of the notification API, so the status icon and not the resident notifcation remained in the Message Tray (thanks to Salomon Sickert who was kind enough to help me on this). I tried to install the latest nautilus version too which was simply time consuming. Marina suggested me to switch over to Fedora instead of updating the whole lot of libraries to >= 3.0 . Now, finally on Fedora, I could reproduce the bug (I will try to get that to work soonish).

This week I will try to get some real coding done mainly on Nautilus and Empathy integration and be in time on reporting about my progress :)

Regards,
Neha

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Tobias Mueller <muelli cryptobitch de> wrote:
Hey Neha :-)

On 31.05.2011 21:36, Neha wrote:
> the gnome-shell-build-setup.sh script was a bit old

Did you modify it? If so, I think it'd be really useful if you could
publish your modified version.

Were you finally able to build GNOME Shell?

Cheers,
 Tobi