Ni Hao GNOME.Weekly Report 2:GSOC

6th June 2011: During the second week of gsoc at GNOME I worked upon the following :
Python Braille API for GCompris: It introduces a python object to represent a braille letter. It displays the braille letter at any given location and size.It may be active or passive; may display the letter or not.It handles all the' logic of a braille letter.Bruno helped me to rework on the module.So if you want to create braille code for letter G simply import this module to your code like this:
from BrailleChar import *
BrailleChar(self.rootitem, 100 ,60 ,50,'G',True,False,None)
I got rid of the ugly & messy code I wrote last week:)So I have got now a recipe of reusable code for my other activities.
Clickable Points: I have done with the issue of clickable points.Clicking the braille dots on the cell generates a braille character.I have created a braille_letters dictionary.
Added GOAL to activity : I added goal to my activity with introducing around 6 levels.It uses import string to generate a random string at each level & kids are supposed to discover the braille code for asked letter by playing around with dots.I have used gcompris.bonus API for correct answer.Also there is tutor level for braille cell description.
SvgHandle : I have learned to edit svg image and add labels using inkscape.So for my activity created a gcoocanvas.Svg Image and added a button_press_event to an image.
REPEAT Icon :I have used a repeat icon whose function is to generate a road map to all braille codes. Code for my activity is here

My tasks for this week :  To improve the loopholes of first activity & cover up with second activity Dicephering

--
Thanks & Regards
Srishti Sethi