Adding Positional Tags to Shotwell: Weekly Report 02

Hi!

This week I've continued working on the interface of the new Positional Tags tool, and I think that I already have something very functional and stable. But this tool it's only an interface now, I mean, it doesn't touch the database so the changes are not recorded. This is because I have some doubts and ideas I must discuss with my mentor, for example how to modify the database and how to integrate the current tagging system and the new functionality. I thought that this week I would have this first step of the project complete, but that discussion will take some time so I'm working on testing and improving the code.

There is no available code yet --it think it will be soon-- but you can see a screenshot of that I can see in my copy of Shotwell here: http://trac.yorba.org/wiki/SummerOfCodePositionalTags#Screenshot .

Next week I'll continue working on it and it should be finished so I'll can start playing with OpenCV and facial detection.

Cheers!

NOTE: You can see a Spanish version of this mail in my personal blog, http://www.sanva.net/blog/95/ .