Re: Rhythmbox: Improved Plugin - Weekly Report 0

On Sun, 2010-05-23 at 13:17 +0100, Jamie Nicol wrote:
> Hi all,
> Just a preliminary report to show what I've been doing so far.
> Mainly up until now I've been busy with exams, and I spent my first
> couple days of freedom enjoying some rare Scottish sunshine with friends
> before everyone goes home for summer. Coding doesn't officially start
> until tomorrow but don't worry, I have been doing some things already.
> I've set up a repo for my project .
> Currently it's just a clone of the main repo from a few days ago. But I
> do have some uncommitted changes on my laptop.
> The first part of the project is to update scrobbling to the new API.
> This involves using web authentication rather than typing your password
> into rhythmbox so there'll need to be some small UI changes. To perform
> the authentication I'm going to create a RBAudioscrobblerSession class.
> This will be able to create an "authenticated session" with an
> audioscrobbler service. Then the existing scrobbler class will be
> modified to use the session. Also, instead of having a single scrobbler
> instance multiple sessions will be allowed, each with their own
> scrobbler. Meaning you'll be able to scrobble to and AT
> THE SAME TIME. All your (or maybe just my) dreams coming true.

Hi Jamie,

It might be interesting for you to have a look at existing code using
the 2.0 API. I ported Banshee to the new API a while ago, and
the code (in C#) is available there :

It might help, as I remember that some of the terminology used in the
API docs was quite confusing, at least to me ;)

Have a nice summer !

Bertrand Lorentz <bertrand lorentz gmail com>